"Learning to Lead in a Technical World"
2017 National Conference
Rosen Shingle Creek Resort
June 21-25, 2017
Conference Theme: "Defining Your Future"
Which students can compete at nationals?
Middle School Eligibility - page 11 from event guide
High School Eligibility - page 27 from events guide
- If you have students interested in competing in events that say “x number per state”. Please send me their names and we will determine who is allowed to compete. This will be based on their placement at the 2017 KYTSA State Conference. I have to submit this to nationals after registration closes on May 22nd.
- Your students can compete in any event they want as long as your chapter meets the eligibility requirements above.
- If you have a substitute to a team that is allowed as long as they are registered as a TSA member.
Will there be a charter bus from KY?
Departing Lexington, KY 6/20/17 9:45pm – arriving in Orlando, FL 6/21/17 2:00pm
Departing Orlando, FL 6/25/17 1:00pm – arriving Lexington, KY 6/26/17 5:00am
- Bus holds 54 passengers
- We must have a minimum of 48 interested advisors/students or we will have to cancel the bus
- $200 per seat – roundtrip
- Please reply to this email no later than May 10th with a head count for your chapter. We will make a decision on the bus then.
Wanna give me some money for advisor travel?
Those of you who have been around a while know that KDE’s Office of Career and Technical Education helps pay for advisor’s travel and those of you who are new; now you know. :)
- Please email Mark Harrell no later than May 10th if you plan on attending TSA Nationals in Orlando, FL this summer. Once we have a head count we can determine how much money each advisor will receive.
- These funds are limited to one advisor per active KYTSA Chapter.
Where should we stay in Orlando?
It appears several hotel rooms have opened, don’t delay reserve asap! I noticed the Rosen Centre Hotel and the Rosen Plaza Hotel both had rooms open today
How is TSA Nationals different than KYTSA State Conference?
It is HUGE!!!! Two big differences are LEAP AND Attire:
- Just a reminder High School students will have to complete LEAP at nationals.